Re: apple mac update time!

Under the Apple menu at the top left of the screen are System Preferences where Software Update lurks. It looks like this:
http://img.skitch.com/20080213-dfa5me44p1b1bb98mds1nfkme5.jpg
Makes it quite easy to keep up with things.

I find that most updates fix or add things that I had no idea were broken, or that I needed. Usually they're some fix for a connection to a device I've never heard of.

I'm pretty much the same way with computers as I am with cars or cameras--I just want to turn them on and have them work as expected and reliably. I'm not into auto repair, computer fiddling or camera mechanics. They're all just tools, and I try to buy the tools that work the best. Right now I'm typing on a 5 1/5 year-old Apple iBook that has never spent a day in the shop. My car is a Honda and has never needed anything but routine maintenance. I own a variety of cameras which have been relatively maintenance-free except for the abuse I tend to subject them to.

btw, for anyone interested in a nifty little Mac application (sorry, Windozers) check out www.skitch.com It takes making screenshots to a different level. I used it to capture and post the above image link in about 4 clicks.

Cheers,

Rich