Re: Photographers Still Using Film

I really never understood the one is better than the other debate.  They are two different tools each with advantages and disadvantages.  Ask a carpenter which is better a hammer or a saw?  Both do different things.

What is best is not set in stone.  Understanding what that tool can do and using it to your advantage than being stuck as film or digital exclusively.  Having a negative or chrome has real advantages.  So does the speed of digital.  Digital has some advantages and hybrid digital workflows offer options.  Using film capture and digital printing offers a number of choices.  Film capture, scan to digital for manipulations, back to film with a film recorder then to an analog print also gives choices.  Choices allow one to reach their artistic vision or better meet the needs of their client.

What's best is what you need to meet your needs or in the case of a pro the needs of their client.

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
I prefer slide film as I can view them to see quality etc and then file them easily into plastic sheets with only the good one marked and only work with the good ones. But if I change my mind I can always go back and take a second look.  I find it is easier to judge the quality of a shoot with a loupe than on a screen. There is a larger color gamut on film but the gamut depends on what you're printing it on.

Digital people tend to shoot more shots and then discard more shots.

Roy