Re: anybody there?

Roger asks:

: Dumb question:  How does the Yahoo group Photoforum site relate to
: Andy's site?

there are no dumb questions Roger :)

: Do they simply archive the site and make it available to the broader
: public, regardless of membership, or is there a subtlety that I'm
: missing?  Are there no copyright issues?  Or does the simple
: existence of Yahoo and Google, e.g., render the question moot?  Part
: of the photoforum site is the posting of photos.  How does this
: relate?   Are they still available on the Yahoo group after they've
: been taken down from Andy's site?  (I suppose I could look and see.)

no yes no yes no no yes no

or something resembling that ..

it seems they have their own thriving ecology, with q's and a's being part of the yahoo group (for which one must subscribe) and while PF forms the basis for the bulk of the conversations, yahoo conversations go on independent of photoforum

Copyright wise, I'm led to believe the group is not *totally* independent of PF - I suspect it to be more an adjunct to photoforum, a repository of messages if you like, and a place where one could search out past discussions after they've passed into the ether

photos?  Galleries - I haven't looked!

I have drunk too much tonight after such a hot day (it hit 44C (111F) here at our house, so maybe tomorrow I'll go peek, unless someone beats me to it ;)