Re: Why Some Photographers Hate Creative Commons

Michael

: Apologies for two emails that were sent incomplete.

 a suggestion Michael (advice I should follow myself!), you may find it easier to write out the email in notepad first then copy and paste it in complete :)

: Are there two classes of people or circumstances. Those who want images and
: those who want pictures.
:
: If I wanted to send someone a picture of one of my new born infants I would
: not be satisfied with sending an image of any baby, nor, inother circumstances
:  would I want a generic bride photo I'd want a picture of my wife.  Maybe
: there is an image culture that can be likened to the wall to wall sound of
: 'muzak.
:
: It seems to me that in the realms of industry, commerce and social life
: there will always be a place for the 'custom' or bespoke photograph.

that's true.

a question though

how much would you pay someone to take a picture for you?  another way of putting it - how much does a 5Mp dital P&S cost compared to the hourly rate of a pro?

I used to see people taking pics saying (after a single click of the film camera) "got it!"

now I hear "hang on, do it again" (repetion of digitally generated clicks until appropriate image is captured)

karl