Re: Capturing in aRGB or sRGB [collective reply

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
Well, I certainly shoot in Adobe RGB (1998) and all my files are in
that color space as well.

But, as I said, I don't see any significant difference when printing
at a minilab, so I don't worry about it.

If you're convinced you must convert, create an action in Photoshop
that opens and resaves the file. Then set the color space to sRGB
and use the Batch command under the File>Automate and run the whole
folder automatically.
Actually this is not the issue. The issue is the change in colors when I convert from my aRGB standard to sRGB. Why don't you try it with an image of yours to see the difference?

BTW I will experimenting myself with capturing afull range/color image in both modes to see the differences

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx έγραψε:
Make the photos in sRGB because it is less work. I stopped using Adobe98 because it made my scans of flesh tone too, too warm. The only time I use Adobe98 is when I have blues
PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx έγραψε:
Don't know how you camera does it but there are several methods. From the aRGB (Adobe98) the colors that exist in sRGB should be translated to looks the same. The colors which are out of gamut of the sRGB are either collapsed to the nearest color in sRGB or the colors are placed in a relative manner. Then there is a method called perceptual that places the colors according to how the eye supposedly see them.   Actually Adobe98 and sRGB are pretty much the same except in the blues and some greens. It is usually not much of a problems for me but in Greece with all the blues and green water and skies  there could be a difference in outside daylight pictures.
well In my case I have a major shift in blacks and reds when I convert in PS. The are lighter and less saturated. Greens suffer less.

AND I do have the same disheartling experience when I print in a minilab. My lattest fancy is a sony die printer another store uses. I always hunt for new stores that have not tinkered with their printer profiles yet.
the optimum should be a color correcting action but it is hard to hope could go to the trouble to make one action that covers the whole renge of colors and tones...

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!