Re: Send Pictures to your PC Wirelessly from your camera

Howard wrote:

: However I gather a lot of pros are now giving up on the wi-fi approach
: as in very busy events their images are going to the wrong place!
: Landlines still have a lot to offer.

dear oh dear..

when will these pros learn to get professional help when they set up their computers??

the security capability of these cards is up there with the best there is, and setting up a secure laptop for downloading images on the fly really isn't that hard.  Gosh, it seemed like a dream not that long back - when everyone thought they could only ever wish for the capability of shooting tethered but wirelessly and having all their images dumped seamlessly from the camera to a backup computer.

I suppose if you've got a canon then one of these is the same price but without the 2Gb memory :
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303614-REG/Canon_9272A001_LV_WN02_Wireless_LAN_Card.html>

but for those shooting with non wireless equipped cameras, it's a neat way of dealing with storage problemns while shooting

Emily writes:
:Presumably Getty is ecstatic about this.  Now all their shooters will
:have to give up Compact Flash card cameras, and the quality of news
:shots will go down...

gee, so negative!

CF/SD adapters cost around $8 on ebay.

it's nice to be able to pop the 4Gb microSD card out of my phone and use it when I run out of other memory devices!

I asure you, as much as I loathe the DRM issues with SD, the images will be the same quality :)

karl