Re: First Event shoot

Eric Grace wrote:

Unfortunately, the event will be starting at 8pm so the idea of getting the prints from Costco/Walmart etc is out of the question. I already have the camera, lights and computer so I just need some advice on printers. It might be possible to rent one for the evening depending on what kind I need. Thanks for all the input. Please keep it coming!

Eric

I t appears that you may have bitten off more than you can chew as the saying goes.......

Are you comitted to this project? When, as in the date, does it take place? And as someone mentioned, the number of prints you plan to make will take quite some time. You will probably need more than one printer if you promised or are CONTRACTED to have prints available real time. This probably means that you'll need more than one computer to drive the printers.

If you are being paid for this you may lose money on it. Good photo ink, archival since you won't want the prints to fade if they are on display, isn't cheap.

You would have been better off asking for advice sooner......  Best of luck.

Hope I don't see you on "Judge Judy"........

One last thing, severeal years ago, pre-digital, I did something similar but back then we had film. Shot a lot of Ektachrome during the day and processed it in the evening to get ready for showing in the morning. Made for four long days but it was worth it.

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )