Re: First Event shoot

Its not a matter of having a printer, but a matter of having enough time for it to work.  If you have an event that starts at 8pm and runs for a couple of hours, its just going to be tough.  Many printers take about 5 minutes or so for an 8x10.  Even if you have someone printing as soon as the event starts, that's going to limit you to about 10 to maybe 12 per hour.  Thats with no down time at all.  IIRC there is about 100 people there, and if everyone gets a print well its going to be tough.

Now many labs if you tell them up front what you are doing for an order that size would stay late for the business.   A runner to some place close by makes a whole lot more sense than trying an inkjet.  If you must use an ink jet, you are likely going to need more than one and the people to keep them busy or deliver the prints later.

Eric Grace <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, the event will be starting at 8pm so the idea of getting
the prints from Costco/Walmart etc is out of the question. I already
have the camera, lights and computer so I just need some advice on
printers. It might be possible to rent one for the evening depending on
what kind I need. Thanks for all the input. Please keep it coming!

Eric