Re: PF exhibit on 20-10-07

At 9:27 AM -0400 10/20/07, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 20 2007. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

              Marilyn Dalrymple -

Well, OK. If you must! I do wish the setup did not have so much hot stuff above the vase. And for my taste there's just too much going on around the vase. I dunno. I'm not much for setups.

              Qkano - Photo Studio

Interesting how the eyes look like they were attacked with flash, and how both of the models look like they're female. I don't care for them being so much to one side of the settee much.

              Howard Leigh - Vandalism

The VANDALISM must surely be put there by the state or Underground to prevent VANDALISM. The break in the word bothers me, something about correct hyphenation.

The spanking clean palette somehow jars against the assumption that vandalism happens in seedy places!

              Rene M Hales - Cannon Beach Oregon, USA

Too much sun? Raining? I think I would have cropped out the water and horizon on the R. How did you get such a pronounced cyan tonality?

              D.L. Shipman -

Funny. At first I thought it was a perfect Christmas card sort of image, and then I looked more closely at the canvas umbrellas... Something very 1890s about it.

              Christopher Strevens - Gate

This one is pretty neat, Chris. I like the way you used different kinds of artistic effects in it. They seem well chosen and achieved. I've thought about what would be involved in doing this sort of thing, but I never do it because it seems to be so time-consuming, and one has to understand the tools really well to make the right choices and apply them the right amounts.

              Don Roberts - One Idea of Fun

A set of classic solutions to a classic extreme sport photo op. Interesting how they really work.

There is ONE photograph (Cunningham) enqueued for future updates of the weekly
exhibit.  There is room for at least 7 more!

Six more.  Hurry, hurry.  Get your submissions in now.

Thanks to Andy, always.  And his fabulous staff, always.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx