Center For Fine Art Photography

In a message dated 10/5/2007 11:36:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Roy,

Will you please fill us in on the transportation show Andy's judging?
Submission guidelines, etc. - or, has the due date past?

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
Now an E-book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us

AZ, this is the link to the juried competion if the links in the copied CFAP email to me below don't work

The Center for Fine Art Photography
In This Issue
Calls for Entry
Employment Opportunity
New Site Collaboration
Member's Gallery
Colorado Photographer's Exhibit
October Forum
Cindy's departure
Critical Mass
October 3, 2007
Greetings!
Calls for Entry

There are three new calls for entry posted on the Center's website:

  • Planes, Trains and Automobiles - how we get around, from rickshaws to rockets
  • Portfolio Show - six photographers portfolios will be chosen for the exhibition
  • Macro World - the world up close and personal

More details >>>

Employment Opportunity
Programs Director - The Center has a full-time opening for its Programs Director. A MFA with a photography emphasis and several years teaching experience are among the minimum requirements. If you have an interest, or know of someone who might be interested, the job description is on the Center's website.
New Site Collaboration

The Center is collaborating with Photoworkshop.com to provide the Center's members discounted benefits. Details will follow in the next newsletter, but in the interim, you may want to check their value-rich site. Link >>>

Art Sale - Fundraiser

Over 50 framed images that have been donated to the Center are on display in its second gallery. This fundraiser for the Center offers those that can visit the Center the opportunity to acquire notable works of art for their collection or as gifts, while benefiting the Center's programs.

Colorado Photographers Exhibition

This week the Center is hosting a limited portfolio exhibition of seven Colorado artists. Each artist has six images on exhibit. The exhibition is in the Center's main gallery through Saturday, October 6th.

October Forum - Personal Projects

October Forum - Thursday, October 18, 6:30 pm

Your Personal Project - Erik Stenbakken will talk about creating personal projects that help you grow as a photographer. He will talk about identifying your passion, creating a vision and executing the project. There will be ample time for a Q&A session.            More details >>>

Cindy's departure

Over the past 20 months, many of you have had occasion to work with Cindy Munro, the Center's Assistant Director. Her congeniality and willingness to help has been experienced by many who only know her by her cheery voice. Cindy came to the Center when it began its first growth spurt and was instrumental in making it possible. There are not enough words for me to personally say how much all of us have enjoyed working with her. Cindy will be leaving the Center October 19th to return to Michigan.  I know many of you join me in wishing her a bright future.

Critical Mass

Photolucida's Critical Mass 2007 is now open for registration! Critical Massis an annual juried competition that offers an online submission process.Participants receive tremendous artistic exposure, and three book prizes are awarded. Registration closes October 26.
Details >>>

Larry Padgett
The Center for Fine Art Photography