Re: Need help in finding software for handling large number of images to manuscript

Barbara:

Word is quite easy to use in the insertion of images within the text.
What you may be missing is the Format/Picture command which has controls for the placement of the image any where on the page.

One of the easily overlooked parameters is the on that allows specifying the positioning in terms of the page or in terms of the margins. If you specify margin relative values, the Word will not violate the margins that apply to either the document ( if that is the way you have them declared ) or the individual page ( if you have overridden the document values for a particular page ).

Once the image is placed on the page and positioned correctly with respect to the margins, another problems can occur if the image is too large for the remaining space. Word then allows for the sizing of the image from the whole page view by clicking on the image until the frame lines appear, then place the cursor on the offending corner and drag that corner towards the opposite corner and Word will resize the image on the page while retaining the correct proportions.

If you need more explanations, contact me off-list and we'll work out some examples.

Cheers,
James

PS I've got both InDesign and PageMaker and I seldom have need of either for lack of formatting capability within Word.