RE: Need help in finding software for handling large number of images to manuscript

MS Publisher is a snap to use – easy peasy.   Adobe PageMaker, on the other hand, is a powerful program but takes a lot of getting used to. It’s not very friendly unless you’re really willing to spend some time learning the program.

-Paul

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lea murphy
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:30 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Need help in finding software for handling large number of images to manuscript

I'd also consider Adobe PageMaker. I use InDesign and once I figured out how to work the thing I like it a lot.

Lea

On Sep 27, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Howard wrote:

MS Publisher is good, but probably a better one is Serif's Pageplus. I've used both and prefer PagePlus

Then, of course you could go to Adobe's InDesign...but I've not used that at all, though I've just installed at school.

Plus QuarkXPress. These last two you can download a 30 day trial to help you decide.

Howard

Redsponger wrote:

Dear Group: the margin requirements of my manuscript

are very specialized and am having difficulty in

inserting images on pages to meet these margin

requirements. So far, I have been using Word, but it

is very tricky with placing several images on one page

in Word. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Barbara

P.S. text will not necessarily be appearing on same

page as images.

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

lea murphy

wag more, bark less