Re: Need help in finding software for handling large number of images to manuscript

Barbara:

Forgot to comment on the "large number of images" question.
In art history classes I've taken, I try to include an image of everything the prof shows to the class and have them all within a single document of my notes. Thus, my notes for a typical class run to about 500 pages with an average of 2 images on each page. Word handles this load just fine although saving is a little slow ( 10 -15 seconds typically.)

One drawback to doing it this way, is the Adobe Acrobat chokes up on such a file when every image is noted to be in the table of contents and many paragraph heads are as well. You have to tell Acrobat to not include the entries that allow the viewer to just click on a table entry and automatically go the proper place in the document. The table is created correctly, the document is otherwise perfect, you just lose the automatic navigation. Tedius as it is, you can then manually insert them all back in for the on screen navigation the Acrobat supports.

'Nuff said,

James