Re:dyes and pigments pH?

"When you're matting certain types of photographs, such as albumin, dye transfer or chromogenic (i.e. color) prints and textiles, like silk and wool, use non-buffered board. Putting a buffered mat next to the acidic dyes in these materials could cause a color shift" (source; Light Impression catalog)
I don't know the current state of things since Fuji started put chemicals in the Crystal Fuji paper to extend the life of the dyes. With the inkjet inks changing at a rapid rate I don't know any scientific sources for the newer dyes and pigments pH levels

Roy