Re: computing & wasted space

: I, personally, am wondering how you are limping by on a 10 year old OS.
:)

I am also limping along with a 50 you 8x10 camera and an irreplaceable A3
film scanner that only talks to a ten yo OS ;)

and as to limping

Opera (no web problems)

after that the only OS 'features' I'm missing compared to the newer
versions (aside from fat32;) is the ability to play the latest gameZ and
for that I have win2k boxes

funniest thing though is the old win98 is blazingly fast on the latest
hardware.  a *lot* faster than the more modern OS's

as each new development in speed comes out and I adopt it, I see speed
increases that the more modern OS's tend to sap away (or depend on?) by
their clunky programming

..and the badly written code of the programs that are developed to work
with it :/

most noticeable is (not surprisingly) games!

;)