1280/2400

Hi Gang............

I posted this on the Epson Printers
List and didn't get much in replies............

OK
Here is where I am at........

I am currently using two Epson 1280's
one for color using InkGrabbers color ink
which for an non oem ink has been working
fine for me for quite some time and one
using MIS UT-2 Black and White Inks.

The problem is that on occasion BOTH printers
are not recognizing the cartridges but more importantly,
since I don't print B&W every day and some times
not even once a week the printer using the UT-2 inks
will require a lot of cleaning cycles to get it to where
it will print where it is not spitting small drops of black ink
and also stop banding.

It gets rather expensive feeding 11x17 paper into it
thinking that this time the printer will finally be clean and will print ok.

Epson is offering the 2400 refurbished at a nice price.

I was thinking that if I was using just one printer for both my
color and my B&W I would not have the problem of having to go
through a lot of cleaning cycles to get the printer to print
B&W when I needed it to.

Does this rezoning make any sense?

Also I would be only buying ink for one printer.

I see that Ink Grabber offers ink for the 2400
but also Atlex has Epson Ink at a reasonable price.

I am going to assume that I print from Photo Shop
CS2 and use the 2400 with out any other RIP's
etc etc I am not wanting spend my life calibrating
a printing system.

I don't print "Fine Art" but I do need good prints
for my customers.
I would appreciate any input on this idea.

By the way...
I normally print on Ilford Classic & Ilford Smooth Pearl Paper.

Thanks
Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography