Re: Hey, Hot Shot Summer Photography Competition ends today

Sorry if you all consider this "spam".
I was just trying to pass along information on a photo contest.
I have no interest in the contest, nor did I enter.
I do try to keep a list of photography contests on my website - blog, just as general information. I thought that info about photo galleries, photo books, and photo contests would be of interest on this list. Or -- is it just another group that only wants to discuss the technical aspects of one camera vs. another. As I go around the galleries in NYC, it is clear that "Manhattan taste" has indeed digressed from the rest of the country.
I am still in the process of trying to understand why this is happening.

Gallery access is an important issue with fine art photographers. Almost all of the galleries in NYC now have very restrictive portfolio review policies. I can cost over $200 just to get Magnum or VII photographers to even look at your work. Aperture now has an online submission policy, and requires that you be a subscriber to their magazine.