Gallery comments

Hi all,
thanks for putting these photos up Andy--I do appreciate all the time and effort put into it, and I am hoping others will make more comments on the gallery weekly.  For what it's worth, here are my thoughts  (notice..............thoughts) I'm in no way an expert, just have different ideas perhaps.  Linda B.

Howard Leigh

Nice nice photo, beautiful scenery and noticing the beauty is part of the challenge.  I really like this picture, and even though I totally love the mountains, if it was mine, I would try cropping on the top edge even with the V where the mts meet.  To me, the sky just draws my eye away from the Inn.  BUT on the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing the picture as it is, hanging in my house :)  Thank you Howard.

Rene M Hales

I used to work at a flower show and these remind me of the parts that we would cut and toss.  It certainly is a different way of looking at what we considered disposable!
Thank you Rene for putting something a bit outside the box up for us to consider. :)

Guy Glorieux

This photo reminds me of so many things, part of a dreamscape; an area where an alien is about to appear or possibly where someone just blipped back into time!  I like the way it's put together and with the effect it doesn't have to be perfect; it is the way it is.  I have a tendency to want to look off to the right to see what I would be looking at if I was sitting on the bench, but the red draws my eye back towards center and the effect draws me right in.  Neat, neat picture!

Dan Mitchell

My first thought was ok, it's a frog.  But after looking closer, I like it.  Something about the small bit of red brick and the way the wood appears a bit soft in the background, along with the diagonal lines, makes it a photo I keep going back to.  The degrees of the lines makes it rather interesting also.  Thank you Dan. :)

Valery Firsov

I like the action in this picture, plus the closer view makes it a bit stronger to me.  If it were my photo I would crop this one so it removes the hand in the upper left corner.
Nice picture Valery, I have a cousin that like to go kayaking and she also is a 'picture taker' and I know she would really like this one!

Tim Mulholland

Some photos are definitely self-explanatory and this is definitely one of them.  I can almost feel sorry for this fellow but at the same time it gives me a good laugh.  With the longer hair and the camouflage baseball cap, plus the plaid shirt and the beer, well, you can tell he probably feels really out of place holding the flowers, but I am betting he is compensating for that with the beer (maybe two).  Very amusing picture, thanks Tim.  :)

Linda Buttstead
Ok, I know, it's my own photo, but to be fair, I will make a few comments on it.  For one thing, it's to bright, but I sent it in as at the time I did not have much else to share--can you tell I was bored?  Those little critters are hatefull!  Such tiny things and even just one can cause a bit of pain, itching and irritation, the power they wield in numbers is amazing but if you have time to watch fire ants or any ant, they are rather interesting. If it was not my picture I might wonder what they were crawling on.  It looks like some type of rock, but it's not. :)

Ok, that's it, thanks again Andy and also to the folks that have time to share their pictures.  Linda B.