Re: someone suggested..

----- Original Message -----
From: <MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx>
> Congratulations on your initiative and for your sucess in getting so many
>  you may well have to discount some of the responses as being a humourous
> reaction to a task which to some may have lacked a relevant purpose or had been
> bewildered.  (a bit like the collections of strange answers to exam
> questions like who flew the first heavier than air aircraft - Pontius  Pilot)

Hey, I submited it to Australians, of *course* I figured i'd get my share of inane responses!

:)

> My personal reaction was to consider the positioning of the flower as
> irrelevant because of the relative size of the flower and the frame.

There we go, another complicating factor ;)

I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, and smaller/larger flowers complicated things a bit.  Relative sizes in this instance 'balanced' to my eye (!)

> If I were tempted to contrive a similar survey I might suggest to
> respondents that they placed the image in the frame and  I would give them  the freedom
> to use any size of image they prefered.

that's a lot beyond my skills as a computer user, and interpreting individual responses would have proved difficult (4.712x image size, 44 pixels left, 12 up.. ?)

> PS I fear that the Klingon dialect used was misunderstood - the  announcement
> was simply 'The giant sunflower season has arrived' However the  message was
> subliminal.

nasty!

good thing no one took it seriously or we'da had a panic!