Re: someone suggested..

In a message dated 25/07/2007 03:16:18 GMT Standard Time, shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=txi1nje56tholtv323046
Congratulations on your initiative and for your sucess in getting so many responses. With the benefits that flow from 20:20 hindsight I would suggest that you may well have to discount some of the responses as being a humourous reaction to a task which to some may have lacked a relevant purpose or had been bewildered.  (a bit like the collections of strange answers to exam questions like who flew the first heavier than air aircraft - Pontius Pilot)

My personal reaction was to consider the positioning of the flower as irrelevant because of the relative size of the flower and the frame.

If I were tempted to contrive a similar survey I might suggest to respondents that they placed the image in the frame and  I would give them the freedom to use any size of image they prefered.  Although this would offer no guarantees of immunity from pranksters it would give respondents 'a stake in the duck' or more formally 'ownership' of their contribution.

PS I fear that the Klingon dialect used was misunderstood - the announcement was simply 'The giant sunflower season has arrived' However the message was subliminal. Michael