Re: A more outrageous question

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, so forgive any redundancy.

Photography, unlike most other art mediums is a highly techical profession. Used in Science and Medical pursuits as well as Art, so many, many rules do apply. For the sake of argument, people can be placed into two catagories, those who reside inside the box and those who don't.

As an educator, it would seem to me, getting your student into a highly technical profession that uses photography mandates staying in the box when producing images. NASA's Astronomers for example. You do not show a hydrogen filled nebulus cloud structure without following strict proceedural guidlines. Even false color images are based on representing data in accordance with accepted practice.

If your student is going to be an artist, then get them out of the box as soon as possible. Develope foundations and set them free.

Take care out there,
Gregory
www.fireframeimaging.com
www.soundexposure.org