Re: Gallery comments

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:

Bob Sull
STEPS:  This photograph really gives me a feel of the territory in which it was taken.  I can smell the fresh air and see the trees that must surround the steps.  This one scene would keep me busy for quite some time photographing it.  All kinds of wonderful shapes and textures are present.  Where is Squaw Rock, Bob?

Marilyn

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."  Dorthea Lange

Marilyn,

Thanks.  This was one of a few, the one I liked best,  that I took of the steps,   It was "fun"  going up and down the steps wearing my vest  with lenses and flash in the pockets, my 20D around my neck, and my monopod helping stabilize me.

Cleveland, OH, like many cities has a ring of natural areas called Cleveland MetroParks.  Squaw Rock is in one of the parks.  Here are a couple URLs, the first is about the park that the "Rock" is in and the second is a photo of the "Rock" from someone at Kent State University taken sometime ago.

http://www.clemetparks.com/visit/index.asp?action="">

http://www.cs.kent.edu/~walker/photos/03-06-01_Summer/photo027.html

And thanks to Darin Heinz who urged me, off line, to contribute to the Gallery.....

Bob
--

                           /////
                          ( O O )