Gallery comments

Per Ofverbeck:  I enjoy your work, Per.  You have a unique perspective on your subjects and a distinct style.  This photograph is interesting because it makes me think (something that doesn't happen very often {:->).  I wonder how long it took those who built the street to complete it.  How many people twisted their ankles on this street?  When was it built?  Who built it?  I really enjoy photographs that open so many doors to who, how, what,why,when (you did tell us where)?  The photograph is well composed and well done, also.

Linda Buttstead:     Another photograph that causes me to think.  What a wonderful scene.  Where was this taken, Linda?  How close were you to the subjects?    I think this would be very special if it were printed in sepia tone, since even in color, it has the look of something from the past.  The one little calf on the far right looks as if he's smiling for you.

Howard Leigh
The Prince Albert Memorial London:  You are right, Howard.  The statue is more interesting from the side.  I like all the detail the viewer can see.  The folds in the "cape" are amazing and the work of the sculptor who did this is truly art.

Bob Sull
STEPS:  This photograph really gives me a feel of the territory in which it was taken.  I can smell the fresh air and see the trees that must surround the steps.  This one scene would keep me busy for quite some time photographing it.  All kinds of wonderful shapes and textures are present.  Where is Squaw Rock, Bob?

Emily L. Ferguson
magnolia acuminata Elizabeth:  What an unusual looking flower.   It appears to be made out of paper.  You did a very nice job of framing and composing this, Emily, and I appreciate the information you included with the photograph.

Valery Firsov
Last year`s grass:  This image held my interest for quite some time, Valery.  I really like it.  While viewing the image, it kind of "takes me away."  I like the soft, muted colors, the detail in the grass and stems.  It took a good eye to see the possibility of a good photograph in a subject that most wouldn't even see.

Roy Miller
Moon Rise On French Riviera:  An unusual take on your subject, Roy, and your title makes it even more intriguing.  The bright, white moon being almost directly in the center is a little unsettling, but that just makes it "edgy" and more interesting.

A great gallery this week.  All the images are made unique by the addition of a slight twist on the subjects.  Thank you to all who contributed, and thank you, Andy and staff, for hanging the show.

Marilyn

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."  Dorthea Lange