openoffice security alert

Having recommended OpenOffice in the past I felt it my responsibility to
draw users attention to this spotted on http://www.macintouch.com/ today
which links to the article here: http://tinyurl.com/3xslff

  "A new worm is being distributed within malicious OpenOffice documents.
The worm can infect Windows, Linux and Mac OS X systems,"

Apple's Mac OS is not a virus-free platform, said Jan Hruska, who
co-founded rival antivirus firm Sophos and was one of the first ever PC
antivirus experts.
  "Viruses on the Mac are here and now. They are available, and they are
moving around. It is not as though the Mac is in some miraculous way a
virus-free environment," Hruska said. "The number of viruses coming out for
non-Mac platforms is higher. It gives a false impression that somehow,
Apple Macs are all virus-free."

more info can be found here as news comes to hand:
http://www.openoffice.org/security/about_badbunny_macros.html

as with MS Word® or any other program that utilizes external poutines**,
caution should be excersized ..

**such as this one found in Photoshop
http://tinyurl.com/yuwvb9