Colour Processing and Grain

Fellow Photoforum readers....

Can someone more knowledgeable than me please confirm that in traditional colour processing - negative C41 and print RA4 processes, that the end result, negative or film, will not contain any *silver* grains at all? My understanding is that the bleach fix step if properly applied converts all silver metal to silver cations (by the ferric containing EDTA, and the ammonium thiosulfate then removes all the silver halide, i.e. silver cations?

A colleague on another forum has suggested that all colour prints produced by the wet colour print process will show silver grains...
He quoted the Kodak reference:
<http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/e58/e58.jhtml <http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/e58/e58.jhtml>> as confirming his point, but it doesn't tie in with the chemistry that I understand. I think they are using the silver grain produced in traditional B&W prints as the standard for comparison.
(I'm probably being very pedantic here!)

Howard