Re: Media Players

well it depends ;-)  Thing is, there are proprietary file formats that you can only play with one player. So it may be best to first check which type of media you usually play and make sure that the surviving player can deal with it.
By the way, if you uninstall a player and later re-install it, you may find that it silently associates itself with lots of file formats that you actually would never dream of opening in a media player.
This was one of the reasons why I uninstalled the actual Quick Time and replaced it by "Quick Time Alternative" on one of my systems.
The "alternative" also doesn't start any background processes and is not as resource hungry as the real thing when running.
After all, I need most of my RAM for Lightroom (but that's a different story...)

Laurenz
http://www.travelphoto.net/