RAW storafe - was: Ancestral photos

As for storing the RAWs, I would certainly archive all that are
remotely worth storage, but edit those pretty thoughtfully as you go
along looking for the shots that will be in the paper that day.
However, I would also store the adjusted images, since starting from
the RAW and readjusting is a waste of time if you're happy with the
final result the first time around.

I don't know how much you shoot, but burning to storage once a month
seems rather a long interval. I'd figure on backup at least once a
week and if I were the photographer I'd backup to my home computer in
between.

Since, once again, all would be lost if the newspaper office went up in smoke.

Try to get people to understand that the history of your town and
region is in those images, and years from now they may provide much
pleasure and valuable information to future generations.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx

Emily, can;t you just save the adjustments as an .ini file and save a new image (psd) consumption of space ? Then save only the print-quality image? (non psd)
kostas

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!