Θέμα: Re: Media Players

Laurenz, this the "media player classic" is the "quicktime alternative". So I do not have to repeat that it also gets my thumbs up.

Regarding formats one can find freeware format de/encoders. This is what happens with Winamp which is THE modular player.

And absolutely one must first search in the options/settings/preferences of his already installed players for inactive file assosiations.

the weird thing starts when you have installed a few players then have to re-establish all filetypes associations from the start. Grrrr, kostas

Laurenz Bobke <laurenzb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:

By the way, if you uninstall a player and later re-install it, you may find that it silently associates itself with lots of file formats that you actually would never dream of opening in a media player.

This was one of the reasons why I uninstalled the actual Quick Time and replaced it by "Quick Time Alternative" on one of my systems.
The "alternative" also doesn't start any background processes and is not as resource hungry as the real thing when running.
After all, I need most of my RAM for Lightroom (but that's a different story...)

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!