Re: Ancestral photos

There are services that recover data lost to failed hardware, in this
case old DVDs.  I've never used one, but have known IT departments to
send hard drives out for this kind of recovery.  Depending on how
important your images are cost may be prohibitive.  I imagine this to be
expensive.

Perhaps a google search on "dvd media recovery" or something like that
will provide some leads.

Tim Corio