Re: Ancestral photos

It would be interesting to find just how many in the Forum are wet dark room users or dedicated digital users. There may be members who have questions on either process who can get answers from the talent that is in the Forum.

Phil

I'm growing more and more into digital, but I still have and use my darkroom.  I personally prefer the quality of prints on silver-coated double-weight quality papers (eg. Forte or Berger).

This said, I just finished printing a night scene (digital) which required extensive burning and dodging to balance the light across the image and I would never have been able to do this in the darkroom.  I now have a file that I can reprint at will in any size without the need to repeat this extensive corrective treatment,.  Something virtually impossible with the wet process.

The offset is that I have recently lost the whole content of five CDs created six years ago.  They have become unreadable and just won't respond to any attempt to release their data.  No other backups.  Rats...  -:(

Guy