Re: Ancestral photos

Hey, friend...good to hear from you.

Excellent points you make about the storage of our current media.

I'm totally digital now and have been for almost 6 full years. Wow. That's hard to even imagine.

I used to back up to cd and dvd but had three fail and threw in the towel and now only archive to hard drives. I have two copies on two different drives of all my 'final' images. Three copies spread across three drives for those things that are most important to me.

I print those images using my Epson printer and the pigment inks which I deem to be super important, then store them for safe keeping in the event I have a total data loss.

I'll update my storage media as I go along...don't know what else a person can do.

Lea