Re: PF exhibit updated 03-17-07

Guy Glorieux wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy temp in Seattle" <andpph@xxxxxxx>
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated MAR 17 2007. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Guy Glorieux - Cerberus, gardian of the river Styx
Thanks for those who reviewed. This is a pinhole photograph just slightly unsharp-masked in Photoshop. It is made of overlapping exposures in the pinhole camera created by moving the film only part of the way through the 6x9 frame. This camera has a very short focal distance so that the light fall-off at the edges is such that the blending of the overlapping exposure is generally very smooth. Each 120 film I expose is therefore a continuous image from start to end and I can pick up frames wherever I feel it works best. From this film, I drew a series of five images covering Orfeo's travel to the underworld in search of Eurydice.

Very interesting technique, Guy. I would like to see a more detailed description if available. That is the sort of thing I would have loved in my film days when I experimented with Panoptic cameras etc. Thanks for your review of my image. It was simple but had appeal for me. I was surprised to find it in the middle of nowhere.
Don