Re: What do you use for in-the field digital storage?

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
At 4:18 PM -0800 3/8/07, Herschel Mair wrote:
That's interesting.
Can you download directly from camera to iPod?___________________________________
Dunno. I just know people use them. I think there's some way through USB. Also, You can download RAWs but not view them on the iPod.

The Epson P-2000 has a slot for a CF card. I don't know about the other cards.

I suppose if I were travelling somewhere that I thought was monstrously insecure I'd get one of those devices, but otherwise I'd take my Powerbook like I did last spring to Europe. You feel like a packhorse with all that stuff around your neck but at least you've got it with you.
Yes, you can download your images from your camera through a USB cord and a small adapter for the iPod. I think it will work for some card readers also but haven't tried it. I have a 30 GB iPod Video and I can view Nikon Raw (NEF) images on it. Maybe that won't work for the iPod Photo or with other Raw formats. I am still trying to work some things out. One has to work through iPhoto and synch with iTunes to load from the computer or to delete images. Works ok if you want to travel light. The screen is just big enough for you to judge images. Plus you can chill out to good sounds.
Don