Gallery Review

J Michael Sullivan
The Majestic Lensic:  I like this.  Beautiful clouds and blue sky;  I like the angle of the building and the composition.  The burro is the icing on the cake.

Terry L. Mair
Pastoral #1:  A nice reminder that spring will someday get here.  Much of the country has been buried in snow, while everything is brown and yellow where I live due to lack of moisture.  I'd like this better if the top were cropped a bit, but still very nice.

Laurenz Bobke
Tea in the Garden:
Wonderful composition and the elements in the photograph make a strong design.

Qkano
Fold:  I can't find a center of interest in this photograph.  I would like it better with the top cropped down to the lady's arms.  Don't ask me why {:->

Guy Glorieux
Two solitudes:  An interesting juxtaposition of  images.  The painting on the door is fascinating, yet a bit scary.   The mannequin, in a way, brings the viewer back to reality - or not, depending on how you feel about mannequins.

Howard Leigh
Scene from a Karate Promotion Day:  A nice shot - I like it.  Most photographs of martial arts students show those practicing as being angry or aggressive.  This photograph shows less of the "martial," and more of the "art."

Don Roberts
Grand Canyon:  This photograph has a good design, but  it doesn't show the grandeur of the canyon.  I'd have to be there to see how that could be done.

Christopher Strevens
We have landed on the moon:  I've always wondered where the line between my original photograph and photographing someone else's art should be drawn.  In a way, isn't almost anything we photograph that has been made by someone else photographing someone else's art?

I had a strange experience with one of my photographs.  Working on a series of photographs of fans, I had found one antique fan that had been damaged by a water stain.  This fan had a picture of a Japanese lady on it.  Her face caught my imagination.  I took the photograph of this face, including some of the water stain and although viewers liked the photographs of the complete fans - or partial fans that didn't have artwork on them, some objected to my photographing only a portion of this one fan - the face/watermark.  I guess I discovered for myself where the line should be drawn.

Thank you to all who contributed to this week's show.

Marilyn