Re: Gallery Review

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
_Don Roberts
_Grand Canyon: This photograph has a good design, but it doesn't show the grandeur of the canyon. I'd have to be there to see how that could be done.
Marilyn, I wasn't able to spend enough time there to begin to appreciate how one could capture any sense of the majesty. Plus, it was cold, windy and fairly cloudy. I have some other sunrise pictures that I was able to get just before we had to depart that I might submit. One sees terrific shots of this place done by people who have spent lifetimes just photographing the Canyon. As you know, it's a combination of luck and skill to be in the right place with the right equipment when you get the right light. I did treat this submission as more of a design photo than a scenic; perhaps I should have abstracted it a little more. Something to work on later.
Don