Re: Adobe in Photoshop freebie

----- Original Message -----
From: <lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:52
Subject: RE: Adobe in Photoshop freebie

: Karl,
:
: Does that mean it will be used remotely with a high-speed connection?
What on-line programs are available now?
: I'd pay a subscription to get a suite of online software for my
household.

there are online office suites like:
Google Docs & Spreadsheets
http://www.zoho.com/ has a range
http://www.thinkfree.com/common/main.tfo also

an imaging program that has some profile photographers saying it's 'better
than photoshop'
http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

a virtual PC
www.gopc.com - you login and pop - there's your PC on the web :)

what else ?  ;)

: I don't understand why nobody seems to see the huge profit that could be
made in de-nerding computers and software.  What could be better than a
"white box," dumb machine with no software, just a modem?  Kind of like a
wash machine or stove. They could have revenue-earning pop-ups and
advertising crawls custom tailored to the houshold that earned bonus points
like a credit card.  Or not!

denerded PC's are available (bites tongue) but aside from that, simple PC's
coupled to online suites are something novices seem never to find, and
power users shun

geeks fiddle with them and the odd open minded user finds invaluable.  I
personally like the idea of stuffing a USB stick in a webcafe and accessing
my own 'online PC' free of all the bugs and trash resident on the webcafe
monster (!) from there I can email, edit images with my own programs not
the junk they have, pretty much whatever else I want..

nice :)