Subject: Adobe in Photoshop freebie
From: karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, March 03, 2007 4:22 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

from:http://money.cnn.com

Adobe in Photoshop freebie
Graphics software company will give away an online version of its popular
image-editing software; calls move an effort to boost ad revenues and gain
exposure.
March 1 2007: 4:00 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Adobe will release a free online version of its
popular Photoshop image-editing software within six months, the company
said Thursday.

The online product will be a stripped-down version of the application that
has become an industry standard for graphics professionals.

The move is part of a larger effort by the company to bring key aspects of
its software portfolio - which includes audio, video and graphics
applications - online to draw advertising dollars and lure users into
buying software upgrades.

so we have free online office packages, free online spreadsheet software,
even a free online virtual computer and soon, free online Photoshop