Re: Maybe I should flip a coin?

: i'm no expert on this issue but i thought the below comment might be of
: interest to you (snagged from
: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2208):
:
: my opinion is quite simple and though it could be flawed, i always say
match
: the lense with the camera.  so buy the canon for the canon.  the reason i
: lean this
: way is that i figure a company knows its own camera best and therefore
can
: make the best lens for its camera.   this is just my old school thought
but
: i wonder
: what other people think about this mindset.
:

well, some Nikon lens engineers abandoned Nikon way back to form the
company Tokina as they were p*ssed off at Nikons lack of desire to advance
their lens range, so that company at least has a good footing.

there are other great lens makers who never bothered to make cameras
seriously or at all, who produce fine glass - schneider, rodenstock etc -
then clambering to the top of the heap there's angineaux.  Seriously
expensive aftermarket glass.  I have a very nice 40-400:5.6 taylor-cook
which I'm led to believe cost in the order of 40,000 pounds in the 50's
when it was made - I doubt it's a lesser lens than any of my others ;)

Having said all that, I don't think your argument is flawed -

and at the other end of the spectrum there's plungercam!

karl