RE: long time lurkin' review

 Qkano - Label

This was one of the other shots that raises questions for me.  Arm (with tags), DVD case, table, and rug.  Four simple items should lend to a simple composition, right?  The tabletop provides the right contrast and tonal warmth, the arm and DVD case seem very deliberate (on second look, I like the staring eyes), and the rug is just plain distracting.  I like the use of random objects here.  My question is: how do you place random objects to appear random to add to the accidental nature of the image?  (not that this comp is accidental, it just made me think)

Trevor: yes, indded, an interesting thought about how to arrange objects so they look random - rather than arranged - without they being truly random - and hence cluttered.

The eyes were sort of inspired by stuff I've seen from David Small - except his would be on a Bill Board somewhere.
http://www.danbonacorsi.com/DSNowPraying.htm

Thanks for reviewing the gallery ... I still read the list even if I don't post mmuch.

Bob