Re: Lighting glass

Well, more light will certainly help you get more specific DOF. 60 watt bulbs are pretty tiny amounts of light considering that a basic tabletop setup is usually around 2x500 watts.

There are DOF charts online. Google for them, I've misplaced the link I once had.

But your DOF preview could be valuable as well, as since you're shooting digitally, you really can afford to bracket from completely open to shut down as far as your lens will go. When you go to PS you can see all the data and look at the results. Wonderful feedback!

If you light from below, which is beautiful, you'll need a piece of plexi for a stand. I think I recall some people use milky plexi rather than clear, or frosted glass rather than clear. Plexi is probably better since if you accidentally bump it it won't break and it won't cut your hands.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx