Re: Lighting glass

It really is not a question of sharpness but of DOF.  I use a Chunk of foamcore with black gaffers tape in a pattern to determine the needed DoF and where focus should fall to get the object in focus front to back. Just place it anywhere near the first third and focus. Then keeping the focus where it is use your DOF preview to determine the needed aperture to get both edges sharp. Of course move the board away and toward the camera to get those figrues.

Les