Re: A film vs digital question

All machines can be altered to achieve a bias result.  A paper document
having legal ramifications is signed in blue ball point pen. There are many
accurate ways to tell if that signature is authentic due to its material
composition.  This is also true of film. The nature of matter in a film's
layers, it's processing, etc..  has a greater chance for locating its
maker's thumb print.

Matter can be dissected; virtual reality hides behind highly refined
abstract 1's and 0's.  Current digital technology is already so
sophisticated that most altered images cannot be detected,  and digital is
still very young. What will the next decades bring? So are we then to rely
on material analysis or the ethereal digital recreations of matter?

Film still seems to keep us honest.