Re: A film vs digital question

the negative may be unaltered... but the scene might be... aka dorothea lange... so what difference does it make to alter the scene pre or post capture? as a photographer... one choose what one wants to photograph... such a choice is a form of alteration...

From: Bob <w8imo@xxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A film vs digital question
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:48:48 -0500

Bob wrote:

When shooting photos documenting something is it better to use film, where an unaltered negative can be shown vs a digital image that can be argued that it was made to show what the shooter wanted by software?

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks for all the answers.

If the opportunity develops I may be glad that I kept my EOS-3.

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )