Θέμα: Re: 3 DSLR Basic Questions

Per thanks so much for the reply.

Indeed I now feel much assured about my option to buy a high end printer. No on-line spec sheer mention color space abilities.

My camera does take into account the lens focal length (see below). Maybe it calculates the amount of shake in reference to it among other parameters.

Did a test shoot today, sometime you will see the results in an article in PF space.

I really HATE reconstructing the colors before printing or web publishing. It seems we traded of film printer calibration with more work at home. (by jumping to the digital world)

Happy New Year, kostas

Elgenper <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
OK, try to get them solved, but do start shooting right away!  You may find (very likely) that these issues are a bit less important than you think now.

1. I will be using my older 135 format lenses, but I have discovered that my camera reads the focal length the lens gives and does not compensates.
In my case focal length is taken into account for the shake reduction function. And I am dreading the case that flash operation is affected accordingly (though Pentax does not have a D metering like Nikon does)

Well, the actual focal length of the lens is the same whichever camera body it happens to be mounted on (and if it rests unmounted in a cupboard, for that matter...).  So my guess is that metering, shake reduction &c will work just fine.  The image that a lens projects on a surface is identical whether that surface is film or silicon.  The "x1.5 feature" just means that the size of the sensor chip is that much smaller than a 35 mm frame, so you΄ll get a crop, not an 1.5x enlargement.

Yes, there is the need to convert web images to sRGB last thing, lest they look flat on most people΄s monitors.  But that΄s no reason to stay there from the beginning.  It΄s crippling a good camera and workflow unnecessarily.

Good printers (and good labs) have a MUCH larger gamut than sRGB, in some cases even larger than AdobeRGB.  Also, they can use colour profiles tagged to the image files sent to them, so they will do the best job possible.  However, this is a complex subject.

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων
http://mail.yahoo.gr