Re: Good camera for non- pro uses - G7 batteries

????? Bob:
Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

But for a regular P&S type camera I think AAs should be a purchasing criterion, personally.

I agree.
But high capacity Lithium Ion cells can be made in physically small packages and P&Sers generally look for small size cameras. The life of a charge on a Lithium Ion cell lasts long enough that some people forget to charge the thing when going to an event. Then "too bad so sad the battery is dead!!"

Two Christmases ago a friend wanted to buy a P&S for his son who was starting a construction company and would be using it to photograph his projects. He asked which of a group I would buy and why. The two I selected had AA cells for power, a plus in this application because AA cells are available almost everywhere.

Bob

I have a G5 that has similar battery as the G7
I like the fact that this battery fit my EOS 5D and vise versa
The same with the CF card not to mention the EX580 flash.

Pini