Re: Blowing-up a file

19 dec 2006 kl. 02.53 skrev Roger Eichhorn:

A few years ago I read Scott Kelby's take on this in one of his books for
Elements 2 or 3.  He demonstrated blowing up a picture repeatedly by a
factor of 1.05 each time.and even created a little macro to do it.  He
claimed not to understand why it worked, but said it did. These were jpegs
too!  I tried it once, but didn't take it to the stage of printing.

Roger

Yeah, I read the same advice and used it when necessary (even found a freeware action somewhere), although it is totally contrary to my mathematical training.... However, when the alternative "bicubic smoother" appeared somewhere around PSCS, it was said to be even better than the stepwise method; the few times I´ve used it, I have to agree.

In any case: absolutely no sharpening for each step, if you choose to go that way! Just a final one, if necessary.

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"