Re: reality check

I had a HD crash a few months ago (and was able to
recover everything!). At a moment, a client asked if I
had backups, which I didn't for some of the more
recent files, but I reassured him when I pointed that
if I lost my data *his* prints would be more valuable
ipso facto. :)

I moved to digital and don't intend to go back. I
backup in CD/DVD once as "original" and once as
finished / for client. If I loose it, well, I'll have
to come up with something new.

Please, lest we start a war of film vs digital storage
- I have new negatives that are quite faded, while I
can still read pictures from 3.5 floppies from a
decade ago. The only time I couldn't read from a CD is
because the CD didn't actually burn - my fault not to
pay attention.

$0.02

www.alberto-tirado.com
johnploy.blogspot.com