Θέμα: reality check

lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
I used to burn them to dvd but I had two discs fail so gave up that method as a way of archiving.

Why do we drive ourselves nuts having multiple copies of digital files?

I know hard drives fail. I also know darkrooms flood and houses burn.

What do you guys think of this? One copy and take our chances...just like in the old days with film.

Indeed DVDs are more delicate taht gold layered cds. I had one dvd fail too but since I updated periodically I had the hard drives  contents and the second line of optical media backup (gold cds) to go back to and create a new dvd backup.
(which are stoed in a different location)

No why all this copies?
Because we as computer users are more dangerous that time and natural hazards. Once I erased a whole directory from the hard drive taht contained all the music info, bootleg covers etc. and then I proceeded to update the backups effectively eliminating everything.

No I have changed my regiment and feel safer

best of luck, kostas

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!