Re: Tax for photographers in public places

It's a simple matter of presenting yourself and getting a pass.  No problem.  Usually it prevents you from being hassled and opens doors to otherwise difficult places to take pictures.  Nothing wrong with that.  Pay the money and get the pass.  I always do.  It makes your pictures more valuable, because there aren't so many dippy amatures shooting in front of you, gettin gin your way.  I've met lots of great people, professional photographers all with the pass.  Got good pictures, too.

S.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: Tax for photographers in public places

Several small towns is South America  charge you a fee if you want to take "pro pictures" when they have festivities or markets.
You ned to get a "photographer's pass" (usually for 3-5 dollars) not to get harrased by the locals and have access to several spots not available to the general public.
I have seen this in the Andean region of Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia.

On 11/19/06, Alberto Tirado <fotodiseno2003@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> Anybody knows about any public area

A few years ago there was some outrage about a city in
California, USA, charging for pictures in public
places. Perhaps it was Santa Monica, but I can't be
sure now. The fact is that this is a major touristic
place and *apparently* authorities decided they could
get a share of the many postcards made in this city,
due to the public landscaping.

I am not aware of any city in Mexico requiring fees
(except for pictures taken from the air), but I do
know that certain places, again like airports, do
charge dearly for photos or video in their
installations.

Regards,

www.alberto-tirado.com
johnploy.blogspot.com

The all-new Yahoo! Mail beta
Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com