Re: Winds of change (was Posting)

At 12:07 PM 11/16/2006, Darin Heinz wrote:
Often, I think that some people are too busy Photoshopping their images --
spawning dozens of versions from a single capture -- to go out and create,
to "shoot and post what ya got"...

Before Photoshop, the time was spent in the darkroom, no different than today. Many people did learn without any concept of the work that goes into making a great photograph, allowing minilabs to make every post-shooting decision for them. Photoshop has actually taken many photographers back to photography's roots, where the work done after shooting is as important as the work done while shooting.

I can't imagine anyone telling Avedon to forget about the hundred local corrections that would go into his prints, just shoot and send the film over to the lab.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/